The Bottom Line
- Inexpensive 4-burner grill with side burner
- Lightweight construction
- Thin metals won't hold heat
- Uneven heating
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 484 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 650 square inches of grilling space
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Three porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel and powder coated steel body and frame
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Char-Broil exclusively for Sears' Kenmore Brand
Guide Review - Kenmore 4-Burner with Side Burner Model# 464424312
At most of the big box stores there is a grill like this one selling for around $200USD. The Kenmore 4-Burner at Sears is made by Char-Broil under the Kenmore name. This is a large gas grill with 4 burners and a basic side burner. In truth there isn't much that makes it stand out. Constructed of powder coated steel with a 430 stainless steel lid and lightweight internal components this grill isn't built to last and will probably only serve you for a few years (3 or 4).
The BTU output of this grill is good and typically average. The 12,000 BTU side burner is good enough to heat a pot and a nice addition if you actually use it. The main burners can pump out as much at 48,000 BTUs which is good for a grill this size. The reason it has four burners isn't to give you extra versatility as much as it is to try and even out the heat and to make up for the lightweight firebox. The porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates are pretty heavy and will transfer heat, so that's a plus.
One way to tell the lifespan of this grill is to look at the warranty (receipt required). You get 5 years on the burners and 1 year on everything else. Damage due to rust is not considered cause for a warranty claim. Sears does offer an extended protection plan for an additional charge.