The Bottom Line
- Inexpensive at around $140USD
- Lightweight, low quality burners
- Low heat output from the main burners
- Large amount of plastic
- Two 15,000 BTU tubular burners
- 364 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 522 square inches
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Single push-button piezoelectric igniter
- Porcelain coated steel wire cooking grates
- Powder coated steel body and frame
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Char-Broil in China exclusively for Lowes Home Improvement
Guide Review - Char-Broil Quick Assembly 2-Burner Model# 463742111 - Discontinued
The burners on this grill will probably be the first thing to go and with a replacement price of around $26USD for the pair you will probably avoid repair and simply replace the grill in a year or two. This grill gives you a 2-burner grill that doesn't have a lot of versatility and won't last more than a couple of years, but you can always turn around and buy a new one in two years. Just try and recycle this one.
While this grill is exclusive to Lowes Home Improvement Stores, similar versions can be found in many large retail stores.
A previous version of this grill was notoriously difficult to assemble. The poorly written instructions made it a guessing game of what part went where. Char-Broil and Lowes wanted to eliminate this problem, so they labeled this grill, "Quick Assembly".