The Bottom Line
- Small size fits small spaces
- Full height, small grill that is portable
- Efficient, infrared gas grill design
- Flimsy, lightweight construction
- Long preheat time
- One 13,000 BTU circular burner
- 240 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 320 square inches
- Porcelain coated steel cooking grate
- On knob, piezoelectric ignition
- Two wheels for easy moving
- Powder coated steel construction
- Weighs 54 pounds fully assembled
- Made in China by Char-Broil and available through many retailers
Guide Review - Char-Broil Patio Bistro Infrared Gas Grill Model# 11601558
If you have a small patio, then this might be the grill for you. With a small footprint this grill won't take up a lot of space. Of course that gives you only 240 square inches of grilling space. This is certainly not like a full sized grill but large enough to do some real grilling. What you get with this grill is a unit you can put almost anywhere but won't do a lot beyond basic grilling. The BTU output on this gas grill is low, but with Char-Broil's Infrared technology the heat is good, however it will take a while to get hot so plan on 15 to 20 minutes in preheat times.
This grill runs on a standard 20-pound propane tank that fits underneath giving the grill a little extra stability and to make it easy to move everything at once. What makes this grill "infrared" is a closed grate design. This separates the flame from the food. This means no flare-ups but a limit to that authentic grilled flavor. The 13,000 BTU burner is a small, round unit that focuses it's heat at the closed cooking grate so that the grate heats up and radiates heat.
The grill uses a single porcelain coated cooking grate with a small warming rack mounted in the lid. The construction is powder coated steel. The metal used for this grill is thin and a little flimsy. You will need to be careful not to dent or knock this grill over as it can be easily damage. Also, I have gotten reports, though I haven't seen it myself, that the holes drilled in this grill may not line up correctly when you assemble it. I suggest trying to buy an already assembled unit or you might have to do a little extra work to get it together.
Can't have gas? Take a look at the Char-Broil Patio Bistro Infrared Electric Grill.