The Bottom Line
- Dual tube burners for even heating front to back
- Quality cooking chamber construction
- Full feature grill
- Full rotisserie system with rotisserie kit
- Overloaded with features for the price
- Under powered side burner
- Low BTU output for the size
- Five 11,000 BTU stainless steel dual tube burners
- 625 square inches of primary cooking space with a total of 845 square inches
- 55,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU cast aluminum capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- 15,000 BTU rear mounted standard rotisserie burner with full rotisserie kit
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-battery) ignition
- Enameled steel, stainless steel, and cast aluminum construction
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in the United States by Onward Manufacturing Company
Guide Review - Huntington Patriot 590 Gas Grill
Huntington Grills is a brand of Onward Manufacturing Company, makers of Broil-King and Broil-Mate gas grills. A Canadian company, they purchased a factory in Huntington IN, to start building a line of gas grills with a big label on the box reading, Made in the U.S.A. Huntington Grills are designed to be sold at large scale retailers and the Patriot 590 is exclusive to Cabela's.
This is a large grill with loads of features. Five burners under 625 square inches of primary grilling space, a full feature rotisserie system and side burner. The two features that stand out on this grill is the dual tube stainless steel burners and the linear flow control valves. The dual tube burners equalize the gas pressure inside the burner so that the heat is even front to back. Standard tubular burners tend to have higher pressure in the front of the burner and can give you uneven heating. The Broil King burners correct this problem.
The control valves on this grill have an even, highly precise flow that give you a very high level of heat control. Add in the four burner design and this grill will let you pick an exact temperature from the very high to the very low.
This grill features a full rotisserie system that includes a standard (not infrared) rear mounted burner. This burner works as well as most any infrared rotisserie burner but has the durability of a high quality stainless steel burner. There is also a brass capped side burner on the left side table under a flush mounted cover. This burner is a little low on the BTUs so it won't quickly heat up a large pot but it is powerful enough to heat a small skillet or saucepan.
This grill has great construction and should last for many years. Onward Manufacturing is known for making superior grills and this one is a good value at around $800USD.