Don't have access to a Smoker? Then try this oven roasted barbecue brisket that tastes pretty much like the real thing. Try adding a little liquid smoke to get a more authentic flavor.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Total Time: 4 hours, 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 6 to 8
- 1 4 to 5 pound beef brisket, trimmed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine everything but the brisket in a bowl. Mix well. Rub over the surface of the brisket and wrap tightly in aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place brisket in a roasting pan on a roasting rack and poke a couple of holes in the foil on the top. Cook for 4 hours. Remove from foil and let sit for about 10 minutes before carving and serving.