The Bottom Line
- Gas grill with smoker
- Large grilling area
- Made from low quality materials including 430 stainless steel
- Smoker is very small
- Thin internal components prone to corrosion
- Problematic support from Brinkmann
- Five 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 554 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 694 square inches of cooking space
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from main burners
- 7,500 BTU gas powered smoker
- 12,000 BTU stainless steel capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Body constructed from porcelain coated steel and 430 stainless steel
- Electric (AA battery) push button ignition
- Grill cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured in China by Brinkmann exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann 5-Burner with Smoker Model #810-1751-SC
The smoker unit itself is a very small gas powered, 7,500 BTU smoker. It is so small that you will have to cut a rack of ribs in half to fit them in there so don't expect to be able to produce a lot of barbecue. Set in the bottom, directly over the burner is a small smoker tray. You don't have to put a lot of wood in the tray since the smoker is so small. You will still be able to get smoke flavor into your food as long as the meat is exposed to the smoker. Basically if you want a single rack of ribs or a smoked chicken or even a pork roast (boston butt) you should be able to pull it off in this size of a smoker. I have heard that the front mounted temperature gauge is not terribly accurate so you will need to experiment with the settings to get the right temperature.
As for the grill, it is a large, but pretty basic unit. To fit the smoker and a propane tank inside the cabinet the grill needed to be wide. This means 5-burners are needed to give you any semblance of even heating. The burners are low powered but the grill produces pretty good heat for the size. You will probably need to turn all, or at least most of the burners on to get it up to a good grilling temperature.
This grill violates my primary rule of buying a grill; go with a simple, well built grill that will serve you for many years. Instead this grill has a gimmicky little smoker designed to trick you into buying it. It sounds like a good idea but I would really recommend buying a separate smoker and grill instead of this unit.