The Bottom Line
- Low priced 4-burner grill (around $170)
- Low quality materials, including burners
- Lightweight construction
- Limited support from the manufacturer
- Very thin and light cooking grates
- Four 10,000 BTU stainless steel (400 series) tubular burners
- 446 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 649 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated stamped steel cooking grates
- Piezoelectric igniters on knobs
- 400 series stainless steel and porcelain coated sheet metal construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured in China by The Brinkmann Corporation and sold exclusively through Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 4-Burner Gas Grill Model #810-9410-S
This is a simple and basic gas grill for a good price. At around $170USD this Home Depot exclusive Brinkmann gas grill is sure to be popular amongst those who don't do their research. The 4 stainless steel (400 series stainless) burners give you a lot of versatility in grilling both direct and indirect. The 446 square inches of primary grilling space provide plenty cooking space but the 40,000 BTU output is a little low for the size. With the 12,000 BTU side burner you get the ability to do virtual any cooking task. This unit only lacks a full rotisserie system (though can get a spit and fork rotisserie rod for it).
This grill is a basic, lightweight (around 62 pounds) grill. This is actually an advantage. Without lots of gimmicks that can go bad this is just a simple grill. I would rather it was a smaller 3-burner system with the money put into better quality parts but these days bigger is popular sales gimmick.
Unfortunately this grill is built with low quality materials like the 430 stainless steel tubular burners and the plastic knobs and handles. The lightweight construction doesn't improved the quality either. There are many more better quality gas grills but at this price it isn't that bad of a choice as long as you don't expect it to last more than a few years.