The Bottom Line
- Low heat output
- Low quality components
- Large amount of plastic
- Uneven heat
- Two 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- 310 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 446 square inches
- 24,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- On knob piezoelectric igniters
- Porcelain coated steel cooking grates
- Porcelain coated steel firebox
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Made by Brinkmann in China exclusively for Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Maxfire 2-Burner Gas Grill Model #810-9212-SB - Discontinued
If you are looking for a gas grill that will last you through the year so you can occasionally grill up some burgers and dogs, well this might just be the grill for you. With little investment you can probably afford to through this one out next year (please recycle).
Basically this is a low power, 2-burner gas grill with few parts and no extras. You can't even get a rotisserie kit for it. The heat is uneven so don't try anything to complicated, but as a basic burger burner, this is definitely a grill to try out.
This Brinkmann made grill is sold exclusively at Home Depot under Brinkmann's Maxfire brand name (that they use for their flashlights). Most major retailers will have similar grills. The advantage to this one is its lack of features. Without the useless additions that many low priced grills get, this grill has less to go wrong with it. So while this isn't a good grill, it is one of the best of the cheapest.