The Bottom Line
- Very large grill
- Low heat output
- Poor quality components
- Largely useless side burner
- Low grade stainless steel parts
- Five 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 627 square inches of primary grilling area for a total of 761 square inches of cooking space
- 50,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted, sliding cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Left side table contains a drawer
- Body constructed from porcelain coated steel and 430 stainless steel
- Electric (AA battery) push button ignition
- Grill cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured in China by The Brinkmann Corporation exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann Medallion 5-Burner Gas Grill Model# 810-4580-SB
In fact, this gas grill has a feature that I like, a drawer in the left side table. Drawers are useful. This draw however, well, if you get a chance take a hold of it and give it a little twist. This should be all anyone needs to know about this grill and the quality of its construction.
Aside from that, this is typical of this type of gas grill. The large cooking surface requires five burners to give it relatively even heating. The power of these burners is limited to prevent the heat from discoloring the paint and stainless steel parts of the hood. This makes this an underpowered gas grill. The other listed feature is the side burner, which is labelled as a side/sear because it has a cooking grate over the burner. It isn't as useful as it is advertised.
Ultimately it is the quality of the construction that is the downfall of this grill. Large and loaded with parts for around $400USD, this grill, like most all Brinkmann grills, relies on low quality components that are prone to corrosion and failure. While the warranty gives this model lifetime protection on the burners, the housing that holds them in place is only listed for one year. Guess which part fails first.