The Bottom Line
- Very large grill
- Sear burner is just a standard burner without high heat
- Uneven heating
- Poor, lightweight construction
- LED's in knobs are a pointless feature
- Four 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- One U-shaped, dual control 20,000 BTU (10,000 BTU per side) internal "sear" burner
- 648 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 801 square inches
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners and 20,000 BTU maximum output from the sear burner for a total of 60,000 maximum BTUs under the hood
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a raised cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric on-knob ignition
- Stainless steel (400 series), painted steel, and powder coated steel construction
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Made in China by the Brinkmann Corporation, exclusively for Home Depot
Guide Review - Brinkmann Elite Stainless Steel 4-Burner Model# 810-3660-S
As for the construction, it is typically of Brinkmann. This grill is too large and too loaded with features at this price (around $300USD) to have quality components or to last very long. Look for rust early and be prepared to replace it in a few years.
The "sear" burners are the real gimmick here. Brinkmann has replaced two of the 10,000 BTU main burners with a single, dual control 20,000 BTU burner. This lets them advertise a large and powerful searing section without actually delivering.
Another listed feature of this grill is the LED lit control knobs for the sear burner. These little lights are powered by little batteries inside the knobs. These are not the kind of batteries that you will probably be able to find in your local grocery store and when the they die you have to remove the knobs, find the replacement batteries (which you can mail order from Brinkmann). My question is, who is actually going to take the time and spend the money to replace a battery for something you really don't need? This is another example of a Brinkmann "feature" that is utterly useless.