The Bottom Line
- Large and inexpensive grill
- Low quality materials, including burners
- Lightweight construction
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 513 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Piezoelectric igniter on knobs
- 400 series stainless steel, cast aluminum, and painted sheet metal construction
- Cover, rotisserie kit, and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured by The Brinkmann Corporation in China and sold exclusively through Home Depot Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 4-Burner Propane Red Model# 810-1456-S - Discontinued
Honestly, I have already said all there is to say about this grill. It is simply, but brightly colored. The heat output is okay, and the porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates can try to give good grill marks, but the poor construction makes this a less than mediocre product. Fortunately it isn't the only poor quality grill sitting on the floor of Home Depot. At the price (around $200USD) people will buy this grill and for a season or maybe even two it will seem almost good enough, what some call a "good deal" or a "bargin product".
My recommendation is to look for something similarly priced but small and more basic (fewer burners and perhaps no side burner). Also, avoid anything in this price range with stainless steel.