The Bottom Line
- Full feature, 4-burner gas grill
- Medium weight porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Low quality materials, including burners
- Shaky cabinet tends to twist so the doors don't line up
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 513 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 650 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard stainless steel capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain coated steel cooking grates
- Piezoelectric igniters on knobs
- Stainless steel and porcelain coated steel construction
- Cover and propane tank sold separately
- Manufactured in China by The Brinkmann Corporation and sold exclusively through Target Stores
Guide Review - Brinkmann 4-Burner Porcelain Model# 810-1450-0
This Target red 4-burner gas grill from Brinkmann is labeled porcelain because of the porcelain coated lid. I can't necessarily say that this is a selling point, but it does make the grill look pretty and it makes Target happy to have this color on a gas grill. The trick with this grill, or any gas grill for that matter is to look inside. While this grill sells for more than most of the Brinkmann 4-burner grills on the market this year.
The Brinkmann 4-Burner Porcelain has a 12,000 BTU side burner under a flush mounted cover and individual on knob piezoelectric igniters. As long as these igniters work this grill is easy to use, simply turn the knob and it lights. Unfortunately these igniters don't have the best reputation and once one or more fails you have the swoosh problem of gas jumping to a lit burner, or you are sticking long matches down the grate to get them lit.
The problem with this grill is that it will work when you get it home. If you keep it clean and covered it might work for a few years. Then again it might not. The burners are thin and the other internal components are equally low quality. Grease, marinades, and the elements will wear away at the insides and the grill will rust. My recommendations in the price range of this grill is something smaller, with fewer burners, and if you really don't need it, without the side burner.