is tender, but not as flavorful as many other cuts. By grilling these steaks hot and fast and then serving them with this rich mushroom sauce you get a truly gourmet meal.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 6-8 ounce/170-220 g beef tenderloin steaks
- 7 ounces/200 g cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL half & half
- 2-1/2 ounces/70 g sliced mushrooms, drained
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL parsley
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL fresh ground black pepper
Preheat grill. In a small saucepan combine cream cheese, half & half, garlic, parsley and pepper. Blend well. Cook over medium heat until the mixture is smooth. Add mushrooms. Keep warm. Place steaks on grill and cook until done, about 5 minutes per side. Pour cheese mixture over steaks and serve.