This is a great traditional fajitas recipe. While you can use most cuts of meat, flank steak
has the best texture and flavor for fajitas.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 pound/450 g flank steak
- 1/2 cup/120 mL lime juice
- 1/4 cup/60 mL ground cilantro
- 1/4 cup/60 mL white vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL olive oil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL cayenne
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL ground black pepper
Mix all ingredients except meat together thoroughly. Marinate meat in mixture overnight. Prepare grill. Remove marinade and place in sauce pan. Cook until it boils set aside and let cool. Grill meat, basting with marinade until cooked. Cup meat into long thin strips. Serve with warmed tortillas, grilled and sliced bell peppers and onions and your choice of sour cream, guacamole and salsa.