Don't be afraid to use coffee as a seasoning or in a marinade. The flavor really isn't that strong and it will help to enhance the flavor of the steak.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 18 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 4 tri-tip steaks, about 6 ounces each
- 3 tablespoons finely ground espresso coffee beans
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- for garnish:
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
Combine espresso beans, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, and chili powder. Rub mixture onto steaks and place into a resealable container. Cover and allow to refrigerate for an hour. Preheat grill for medium heat. Remove steaks from fridge and place on grill. Cook for 15-18 minutes turning occasionally. When done, remove from heat allow to sit for 3 minutes and carve into slices. Season with salt and garnish with lemon zest and green onion.