What can I say? It's prime rib and that means it's delicious. You can top of this dish with a nice blue cheese or horseradish sauce.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 5-pound standing prime rib roast
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
Take out rib roast, trim fat, and allow to stand at room temperature 45 minutes before grilling.
Preheat grill. Combine garlic, basil, salt, rosemary, and pepper in a food processor and finely mince. Add olive oil and mustard to mixture. Thoroughly coat prime rib roast with mixture and transfer to grill.
Cook over indirect medium heat for 2 hours. Once roast is cooked, remove from grill and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.