Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 8 to 10
- 1 5-pound standing prime rib roast
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary leaves, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper, ground
Preheat grill. Combine garlic, basil, salt, rosemary, and pepper in a food processor and finely mince. Add olive oil and mustard to mixture. Thoroughly coat prime rib roast with mixture and transfer to grill.
Cook over indirect medium heat for 2 hours. Once roast is cooked, remove from grill and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.