This simple beef tri-tip
roast is perfect for many uses. Grill it up, low and slow, and serve it as is, or slice it up for quesadillas, tacos, enchiladas, salads, sandwiches, or anything else you can think of.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 2 pounds/900 g tri-tip roast
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL onion powder
- 2 teaspoons/10 mL dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL salt
Lightly oil the cooking grate on your grill. Preheat grill and prepare for indirect grilling. Combine garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt. Rub it over the surface of the tri-tip roast. Place tri-tip on grill, fat side up. You can place a drip pan under it to catch the drips which will make a great gravy later. With the grill on low cook for about 1 hours or until it reaches your desires doneness.