How to Grill Chicken
From your Barbecues & Grilling Guide
Turn Chicken frequently to get it cooked evenly without burning the skin.
- Purchase chicken cut up, either your favorite part or a whole chicken in pieces.
- Trim excess fat and skin from chicken.
- Wash chicken parts and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat grill to a medium heat.
- Coat cooking grate with oil.
- Place chicken on hot grill.
- Turn every 10 minutes.
- If you are going to add a barbecue sauce, do it after 30 minutes of cooking time.
- After about 40 minutes test for doneness by cutting into a thick piece. The juices should be clear.
- If you prefer your chicken skinless, use a marinade or coat with oil to prevent drying.
- To reduce flare-ups move chicken pieces to an unused part of the grill every time you turn them.
More How To's from your Guide to Barbecues & Grilling