1. Food

Derrick Riches

What do you want a grill for?

By February 5, 2014

Yes, I know, to cook, or more precisely to grill. However, you'd be surprised at what some people use their grills for and what others expect from them. Some people buy a grill because they are having a big party and think it would be a great idea to get one. Many of these people end up giving away (or throwing away) their grill after a use or two. Some people buy a grill to cook everything, everyday. They can get frustrated with their grill for not being versatile enough. Some people buy a grill because they expect it to be an easy and quick way to cook. These people may find grilling harder than they thought or might not keep a close enough eye on what they are doing to get properly prepared food off the grill. Anyway, do you want your grill for Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening? Is your grill for a few meat items or for virtually everything you can imagine? Do you buy a grill because you are having a big party or family gathering? Either way you slice it, this weeks question is:

POLL: What do you want a grill for?
1) Occasional grilling of steaks, burgers, dogs and chops
2) Big weekend cookouts with lots of friends and family
3) Frequent cooking of whole meals
4) Low-fat and easy foods
5) Occasional grilling of all kinds of foods
6) The perfect steak
7) Grilling, Smoking, Searing, Rotisserie and more
8) Taste
9) Summer Fun
10) Other (please specify in the comments)

Comments

February 10, 2010 at 10:14 am
(1) DW says:

Because I love to grill & BBQ….Nothing is better than a steak you grill to perfection yourself….(I’ll take my grilled steak over any resturant steak) Love to grill beef, pork, chicken, fish, hot dogs & brats, fruits & vegetables,

Once in a while I even grill a pizza!

February 17, 2010 at 1:23 pm
(2) PSS says:

I like a change of pace and scenery, the air, the memories. That’s what firing it up outside means to me.

February 25, 2010 at 12:39 pm
(3) Rich says:

I voted grilling, searing, smoking, etc. but would have to add frequent cooking of full meals. Most of this is relatively recent as I’ve been limited to occasional hamburger, steaks, etc. for most of my 30 years of grilling, but now I have more time, time, time!

February 27, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(4) Bill Wright says:

I’ve been grilling for almost 45 years. I have grilled everything on the grill from the occassional hot dog to pizza and everything in between. I love the taste that a grill gives to various foods. Even the subtleties that you get with the spices that are different on a grill as to a skillet or oven. My grill are well used.

February 9, 2011 at 8:40 pm
(5) phil perrin says:

I love to cook outside! Doesn’t matter the season. I did pizza monday night,was going to do salmon saturday(the guests got hit with the flu bug friday :-( ). If it can be flamed or low and slowed,I’m up for it!

February 8, 2012 at 4:04 pm
(6) kevin says:

The first thing I cooked on my pellet grill was bread. I’ll cook anything on the grill. Oysters, bbq’d and Brisket, lettuce and other veggies, shrooms, lamb, fish. I should look into doing moredeserts. I just am not a huge fan of sweets. BTW, youtube is looking for the next great chef, and a guy named aussiegriller has been making some great stuff. Check him out.

August 21, 2012 at 11:37 am
(7) Phillip says:

Emergency Preparedness: Hey, I like grilling steaks, burgers, chicken pork, etc., as much as the next guy but when the s*it hits the fan and you are days and DAYS without power, HOW ARE YOU GOING TO EAT? FEMA, in their bureaucratic wisdom recommend that EVERYONE have a 72 hour emergency kit, at the MINIMUM. As much as I HATE bureaucrats, that’s not a bad idea. I have to tell you, COLD canned food, especially when it is freezing outside and nearly so inside, is not a huge comfort. HOT food can keep even deeply depressed individuals in high spirits and that, high spirits, is what may let YOU survive an ordeal. Does the name KATRINA ring a bell?