1. Food

Derrick Riches

Smoking for Fun

By January 15, 2014

When you've been smoking for a few years you start to develop habits and favorites. Rubs that have never failed you, wood combination you swear by and meats you find funner to smoke than others. I got thinking about this as I started thinking about the Butts I'm going to do this weekend (I have a project in the works). Anyway, I got thinking that I would rather be doing a brisket. Not that I don't like pork, but it's been a few weeks since I put some brisket in the smoker and, well, I kind of find brisket a fun meat to smoke. So the questions this week is:

POLL: What do you think is the most fun meat to smoke?
1) Brisket
2) Chicken
3) Pulled Pork
4) Ribs
5) Other (please specify in the comments)

Photo 2009 Regarding BBQ Inc., licensed to About.com, Inc.

Comments

January 27, 2010 at 9:17 am
(1) shadows says:

An Eye of Round roast or a Tri-tip roast. Not to mention a Salmon fillet.

January 18, 2012 at 6:06 pm
(2) kevin says:

I like to run a 20 ft dryer vent tube from the chimney of my pellet grill to my weber smoker for some cold smoked trout, salmon, or cheese.

January 25, 2012 at 6:43 pm
(3) Backyard Chef says:

Beef or pork ribs; and ditto on the salmon!

February 2, 2012 at 9:01 am
(4) Smokin' JJ says:

YES!!! All of the above!!

Plus I think turkey provides a great canvas for various smoking technicques.

January 19, 2013 at 1:41 pm
(5) ben says:

Nothing beats an 18 hour butt when you get to glide your hands through the pork and it oozes through your finger because it has been smoked so long.

Looking forward to trying salmon for the forst time very soon. I think it would make a great thank you gift for any occassion.

February 3, 2014 at 12:02 am
(6) Darrlys Southern BBQ says:

One of my favorite things to smoke on the grill is pork ribs. I use my special rub recipe every time. Do you sell your BBQ or do you just make it for fun? Personally, I sell my BBQ and I was wondering how you cook your brisket.