1. Food

Derrick Riches

How many Cookers do you have?

By January 8, 2014

With the beginning of the year I have been taking inventory of my various grills, smokers, portables, turkey fryers, and other cookers. Of course I have way too many, but that's an occupational hazard. Most people I know have one, maybe two cookers but I got thinking about what exactly is normal. This brings me to this weeks question:

POLL: How many Cookers do you have?
1) 1
2) 2
3) 3
4) 4
5) 5
6) 6
7) More

Comments

January 28, 2009 at 6:54 pm
(1) Barbara1975 says:

Just what do you mean by a cooker????? I, of course, have a grill, a crockpot, a wok, a couple of pressure cookers, etc…… I also have my waffle iron, hot water bath canner, sandwich maker, and so on and so on…… I know the topic was BBQ and grilling, but I use these all outside and sometimes multiple for the same meal…???

January 29, 2009 at 11:09 am
(2) JamesH says:

Have a combo direct/smoker; a gas grill; a gas fired smoker; a cajun charcoal smoker; and a cast aluminum charcoal grill I bought in 1971. All are in full working order.

February 1, 2009 at 9:22 am
(3) T Grills says:

I have a Weber gas, 18in Weber charcoal, and an off-brand turkey fryer. I’m trying to add a smoker to the mix this year.

January 20, 2010 at 6:04 am
(4) Phil Perrin says:

I’ve got a gas grill,smoker and charcoal grill that get used regularly. I’ve also got a smoky joe and propane grill for camping. I’d get more,but my back yard ain’t that big!

January 20, 2010 at 10:48 am
(5) Shadows says:

Do you consider a backyard firepit and a refigerator converted to a smoker???? If so add 2 more to my 4 in the poll!

January 23, 2010 at 9:01 am
(6) Floyd says:

I have 2 gas grills, a Mecco, Weber kettle and 3 small gas grills we take to the drag races. My little chief smoker is being replaced by one of those side firebox drum smokers.

January 18, 2012 at 12:30 pm
(7) Billy "D" says:

I have One smoker and three grills over varying sizes. I didn’t count the hole in the ground with a grate from a former grill, which I use from time to time.

January 18, 2012 at 12:38 pm
(8) John says:

New braunfels smoker, small smokie joe, gas grill, small propane hibachi, turkey fryer, my favorite Orion turkey cooker!, and a kettle charcoal grill

January 18, 2012 at 4:13 pm
(9) Turner Brown says:

I have 3 fish cookers, 1 turkey cooker, 1 weber charcoal grill, 1 Charbroil smoker, 1 LP gas tank smoker and 2 gas grills. All but one gas grill is working. I use all throughout the year (365 rain, sleet, hail, snow. We do love to grill, smoke, charcoal and fry here in Metro Atlanta, GA. Not like a friend of mine who moved from Ohio where they washed their grills and stored from fall to spring. “God forbid!”

January 16, 2013 at 1:28 pm
(10) Mark Zaremba says:

Well were to start? I live in Pensacola Fl,& living here on the gulf coast I cook a lot of see food, I have 3 gas burner’s to steaming Crab’s, Shrimp, And having Craw fish Boil’s and Fry Turkey’s I belt a 55 gal, barrel B-B-Q grill for Super Bowl # 28, ( for low ans slow cooking) And I cooked on it last Saturday! Still going strong! And a small 2 rack smoker I smoke a lot of fish on! I never cook on gas grill’s food just taste better on charcoal -& hard wood. Oh by the way I do cook & smoke other meet such as Chicken, Turkey, Venison, Pork, & Beef. So after all that Good Eat’s to all. Ps: U cook & They will, Come! Hopeful with a lot of beer!! LOL

January 16, 2013 at 2:11 pm
(11) Zombie Barbecue says:

I currently have I tiny travel propane grill, Colman travel gas grill, a 22″ weber charcoal grill, a large Big Green Egg, and a Meadow Creek TS 250 a,oker with a 42″ chicken cooker!

January 16, 2013 at 3:41 pm
(12) EJ in OR says:

I have 2 pellet smokers – a large one for home and a small one for camping/travel, a bullet style charcoal smoker, 2 gas grills, a small charcoal grill, and a turkey fryer. All have their uses and all work great.

January 16, 2013 at 3:49 pm
(13) Bob says:

A “Monster” a “Baby” a “Tailgater” (all Stump’s Smokers), a “Mini” Big Green Egg, a Pig Grill, a Discada, a turkey fryer, about 10 cats iron Dutch ovens, etc, etc

January 8, 2014 at 2:25 pm
(14) Shadows says:

I have 3 grill/smokers of various sizes, a fire pit with grate in my backyard, and multiple cast iron dutchovens if you incluse those.

January 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm
(15) Joe says:

I grew up next to a smokehouse in Palmer Ma. Old Tom Haley was my mentor. I can make a smoker in an hour in the woods or a walk in smoker in a day. I love it .