1. Food

The barbecue sauce business just keeps getting bigger and bigger with the continuous influx of more and more specialized sauce. Now you can buy Dr. Pepper flavored barbecue sauce. Made under license with the owners of Dr. Pepper (Britain's Cadbury Schwepps Inc.) Vita Foods of Chicago has introduced this new sauce hoping to cash in on the continued growth in popularity of barbecue and barbecue "flavored" foods. Anyway, I haven't had a chance to try this sauce yet, but was wondering what people think. Hit the "comment" link below and let us know your opinion of all these sauces and if you have tried this one.

Comments

August 7, 2007 at 12:26 am
(1) Carolyn says:

I’m sitting here shaking my head. Dr. Pepper bbq sauce…what has mealtime at the grill come to? The more commercial sauces come out, the more I fool around in my kitchen and come up with my own, and probably healthier, bbq sauce.

September 24, 2010 at 1:05 pm
(2) blunts says:

carolyn, shake your head all you want. That wont change the fact that Dr Pepper is the greatest flavor on the planet and PI would buy anything that has that logo. And lets be honest, you should probably be doing a little less internet and get back in that kitchen… let the men talk now

April 18, 2011 at 7:21 pm
(3) DaniL says:

I’d sit and let the men talk, but this has nothing to do with football, sex or beer. So the women get to talk now. :P :)

I do have to say though, that THIS is the BEST tasting BBQ sauce EVER. I am soooo in love with it, and yet I can’t find it in NM. Guess I gotta make another trip home ;) ))

August 11, 2007 at 1:37 pm
(4) Jeff says:

Looks like it could be interesting, definately worth trying. I think Carolyn is lame, shake your head all you want, but either try it, or shut up about things.

August 15, 2007 at 10:22 am
(5) Harvey says:

I have made bbq sauce with Dr Pepper and it’s great, also cola, root beer, pineapple soda (in which it subs for vinegar), and ginger beer is my next stunt. It’s amazing what kind of stuff works well in bbq sauce; my daughter made one with vanilla extract (!) and it was delicious…

August 15, 2007 at 11:41 am
(6) Bob says:

It is an awesome sauce, so try it already. Better than most store bought brands.

August 20, 2007 at 3:03 am
(7) Verba says:

Why not? my favorite brisket recipe is for the slow-cooker crockpot and includes a can of Coca Cola.

September 30, 2007 at 12:41 am
(8) dawn says:

well….my hubby got 3 small sample bottles at a regional sales meeting and I can tell you hands down, it is the only “bottled” BBQ sauce I will ever buy. I HATE bottled sauces. This one will WOW you. We usually make dry rub ribs and only add sauce at the very end.
I am never happy with them unless we’ve whipped them up ourselves (i.e. Tyler Florence Rib Sauce). It has that POW!!! DR PEPPER fruit flavor (sweet) up front and super tangy on the finish.

May 15, 2008 at 1:21 pm
(9) JD says:

Honestly the DR. Pepper sauce and A & W sauces are not that bad. For the money you cannot go wrong. Could be a bit thicker, but flavoring is good. However these sauces would not win up against Rudy’s, Gates, Stubs, Jesse James or Sweet Baby Ray’s…etc.
They are what they are…an interesting take on BBQ sauces

November 11, 2008 at 9:45 pm
(10) Robin says:

It’s Great!!

January 4, 2009 at 1:15 pm
(11) Jeanie says:

Tried it for the first time yesterday, it was pretty good, seemed like it almost had a citrus tang to it. It might not be great on everything, we had it on chicken and all of us liked it. I think it would probably go very well on pork.

May 5, 2009 at 7:25 pm
(12) A says:

I Love the sauce! I’m a fan of Dr. Pepper. so why not a Dr. Pepper Bubble Gum?!

June 27, 2009 at 6:13 pm
(13) linda m. says:

great sauce, there’s only one problem and that’s finding stores that carry it and we shop both in Dallas and Arkansas where we live. Found the recipe though. thanks

July 5, 2009 at 7:35 pm
(14) Danny says:

This is one of the best barbecue sauces I have ever tasted. I was trying to find a way to buy more over the internet when I found this site. I had to leave comments so anyone who is thinking of trying it….what are you waiting for!!!

July 17, 2009 at 10:54 pm
(15) Bev says:

Cant try it because I cant find it

August 3, 2009 at 2:35 pm
(16) Russ says:

Only place I have seen this is Menards so if you are looking try there. I have not try it but did pick up some, as I thought the kids might like it.

August 6, 2009 at 10:44 am
(17) Ron says:

I tried it, liked it. However, I liked the homemade (internet) version better… and you can tweak it just like you like it.

August 14, 2009 at 11:46 am
(18) kyle says:

where can i pick this up?

August 30, 2009 at 4:28 pm
(19) JOX says:

This is what awesomesauce tastes like. Try it with spicy smoked sausage.

October 5, 2009 at 5:56 pm
(20) George P says:

I live in Nevada and have searched the shelves of all the stores in my area which is Las Vegas, and no one carries it, is it only distrubuted in the Midwest?

December 22, 2009 at 4:30 am
(21) Abbie B says:

I bought this sauce today and was disappointed. It tastes nothing like Dr. Pepper, it just tastes like your average smoky barbecue sauce :(

April 15, 2010 at 7:09 pm
(22) Laura says:

Awesome bbq sauce, someone bought it for us as a gift and we were surprised to find we loved it ! I didn’t think it tasted much like Dr.Pepper, but I would say it’s the best store bought bbq we’ve tried.

April 19, 2010 at 12:51 am
(23) Stacey says:

Okay…. I live in MI and I’ve heard and see this on billboards and stuff but I can not seem to find it in any stores here around me…. Anyone have any ideas on what stores to try and find it at?? My boyfriend is the biggest Dr. Pepper fan you’ll ever know, and I was gunna get this for him but noo I cant find it…. any tips let me know!!!! Thanks

June 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm
(24) Joel says:

Used it to grill some pre-made burgers last night. Personally, I like it, but then again, I’m a DP addict. Also good on a turkey and cheese sandwich….

June 27, 2010 at 11:31 am
(25) Will says:

I have a coupon for Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, but I cannot find it anywhere in San Antonio. Why give out coupons for products that are not available. Dr. Pepper is my favorite drink. I definitely want to try the sauce. Does anyone know where I can find this product down here in South Texas?

July 5, 2010 at 3:15 pm
(26) Alicia says:
November 22, 2010 at 8:51 pm
(27) Stephanie says:

We had Dr. Pepper BBQ sauce today. It was at Hoffbrau Steaks at the West End, Dallas. We had Sweetwater Shrimp basted in it…….amazing. My 15 year old daughter had chicken breast sandwich basted in it. I had the Roadhouse Burger with it and fried onion strips on the sandwiches. Really good stuff.

February 28, 2011 at 12:41 pm
(28) Dennis says:

I had never heard of Dr. Pepper BBQ Sauce, but my son knowing I’m a huge BBQ Fan gave me a bottle of Dr. Pepper BBQ for Christmas last year. I’ve tried it on everything and love it. Right now it’s the only BBQ Sauce I’m using. GREAT Stuff.
They don’t sell it where I live, but I’ve located it on Amazion.com

April 24, 2013 at 6:27 pm
(29) john says:

have used the bbq sauce it pours out way too fast if u putting on a hotdog or sausage they need to put a cap on bottle with a small hole otherwise pours out way too fast

August 8, 2013 at 2:24 pm
(30) Maggie says:

I love Dr.Pepper BBQ sauce and am trying to find it in Canada. I have friends who do not like the pop but just love the sauce!!

August 27, 2013 at 2:10 pm
(31) Matthew Harden says:

Had the taste of Hoffbrau Dr Peeper BBQ sauce in Dallas, TX. Awesome tasting sauce. I recommend this to people to try it even if you aren’t a Dr. Pepper fan. Just wish Walmart in Oklahoma would start to carry it.