1. Food

BaltimoreBoy Writes:

"Has anyone heard anything about this grill available at Walmart? (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5280784)

Here are the specs from Walmart's Website.

A no-holds-barred all stainless steel wonder! This full-size gas grill boasts a total cooking surface of 595 square inches, a 252 square inch warming rack. and four cast brass burners totaling 48,000 BTUs. It also has a 12,000-BTU cast brass side burner and a 10,000-BTU infrared back burner. To top it off, the lid is made of seamless welded double-wall stainless steel with a galvanized steel liner.

Uniflame Gas Grill

• Cooking surface measures 595 square inches
  • Warming rack measures 252 square inches
  • Includes 4 cast brass burners with a total of 48,000 BTUs
  • 12,000-BTU, 1-piece cast brass flush side burner
  • 10,000-BTU infrared back burner
  • 2 stainless steel tube handles on both side shelves
  • Integrated ignition
  • Stainless steel seamless welded double lid with galvanized steel liner and
  • stainless steel tube handle
  • Stainless steel bottom bowl with stainless steel ends
  • Stainless steel control panel
  • 6 control knobs
  • Porcelain cast iron cooking grid
  • Porcelain wire warming rack
  • 2 stainless steel side shelves with stainless steel front panel
  • 1 thermometer
  • 2 stainless steel front doors
  • Stainless steel side panels on cart
  • 4 casters
  • Tank not included
  • Dimensions: 48.5"H x 67"L x 27"W
  • Model No. GBC772W
  • Wal-Mart Stores/Online

I looked at it in the store and it looked pretty solid (I'm no expert) and performed the "magnet test". The hood was 304, but the handles and the cart weren't. It was the cheapest grill I've found with a back burner (which usefullness seems to be up for debate in these forums) and Walmart's most expensive in-store model. I'm a single guy, who lives alone so I don't need anything too spectacular, but I do use my current grill at least twice a week for a steak or two, and throw maybe 3 or 4 cookouts every summer with about 20 to 30 people.

Any input would be highly appreciated."

Answer

Comments

August 8, 2007 at 3:57 pm
(1) eab says:

I seen the same grill and I am thinking of buying one. Walmart has a shelf with torn boxes but grill is intact for 297.00. the brass burners have a 10 year warranty.

August 9, 2007 at 8:12 am
(2) pete says:

I bought one last night and after putting it together I’m even more impressed. It was designed well, I’m not too sure about the infared back burner, meaning I have no idea what I’d use it for. I paid $297 which is the deal walmart has going right now. I don’t think you could find a better grill for the price

August 9, 2007 at 4:59 pm
(3) ineednot says:

I bought one during the lunch hour. i will be putting it together tonight before football….It looks like it was designed well.I guess the infared back burner, gives you an indirect heat when rotisoring. I say it two days ago as a display that was marked down to $200..The wife said no…So for a day I worked on a little research and found some funds to make the deal work…Wife said okay after last night>>:) I call this morning the walmart lady says sure we still have it…Come on down…I got there in a few…No grill..:( Garden guy call her up and said so where is his grill…She states I could really look so I just assume we had it…Garden Guy offered others which non even come close to those cast brass burners…So I called around and found one in a nice box..I paid $297, but wll keep my eye out if the drop them or sell the display…I am not sure why i didnt force the issue with my store with the lady that lies…I still feel this is a good deal. But a hell of a deal at $200. I donít think you could find a better grill for the price..I did call Blue Rhino about the lack of the heat plates. They ststed that the cast brass or bronze burners dont need the heat plates..They provide the proper spread of heat without them…

May 26, 2011 at 8:16 pm
(4) Eric says:

Poor design if you live in a rainy area. Water drips off the lid into the case and fills up the grease trap and overflows all over whatever you have stored underneath. I had to modify mine to redirect the drips.

The burners rotted out after 3 years. I thought they would last because they are brass. No luck.
I can’t find replacement burners either

June 19, 2011 at 12:09 pm
(5) Jody says:

I bought one of these 4 years ago and my burners burnt out last year. I was taking it apart today to see if I could find new burners for it. I forgot about the ten year warranty on the burners until I read this thread. So I went to there web site and just called the toll free number told them I bought this grill at Wal-mart 4 years ago and all they wanted was the model number that is on the right end of the grill close to the ground. She told me I should receive my new burners in about four days. Here is the info. to contact them.

Parts and Accessories

If you need a part and/or accessory please call our Customer Care Center:

Phone: 1.800.762.1142
Submit a question or comment online by clicking here

Hours of Operation (Eastern):
M-F: 8 am – 6 pm
Sat.: 9 am – 6 pm
Sun.: 11 am – 5 pm

If you submit a question online and do not get an e-mail or phone response back in 3 days, please call our Customer Care Center at 1.800.762.1142.

August 19, 2012 at 5:35 am
(6) helen says:

hi i bought a uniflame 4 gas burner which had been returned to the store,which they where selling ohh cheap……….when i got it home it hasnt got the intructions in. has anybody out they got theres they could kindly sent to me!

September 15, 2012 at 7:25 pm
(7) joe says:

Got you all beat, got mine free when a tennant moved out and left it behind. It works great and was well worth the price.

May 16, 2013 at 9:42 pm
(8) kevin says:

wow i am so glad i stumbled upon your site i have the same grill and found on amazon the cast brass burners i was just about to purchase them (4) for 100.00 mine also are rotting, although a year ago i removed them and cleaned them they were all chocked up with carbon…thanks again for the info, happy grilling

August 12, 2013 at 11:28 am
(9) John Bivings says:

Soooo glad that I came across this site! I love my grill and have been looking for replacement burners for well over a year for it. They have a ten year replacement warranty and are being replaced at the moment! I bought a new grill to replace it and paid three times the price of the old one and it is very cheaply made! I am so glad to be getting my old uniflame back! Thanks again! John B.

March 31, 2014 at 2:03 pm
(10) steve says:

I I bought this grill in 2007 @ Wal-Mart. I have had it for 7 years, and it keeps on ticking. Just ordered my 2nd set of 4 burners from uniflame under warranty. I take the burners off and clean them a few times a year. Nothing to complain about. Satisfied customer!

April 13, 2014 at 12:44 pm
(11) Kurt says:

Had same issue with the burners and completely forgot about the warranty. Called the number above and they quickly ordered replacements free of charge. They are on backorder but I can wait. I couldn’t find them on line anywhere anyway. Thanks for the info!