"Has anyone heard anything about this grill available at Walmart? (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5280784)
Here are the specs from Walmart's Website.
A no-holds-barred all stainless steel wonder! This full-size gas grill boasts a total cooking surface of 595 square inches, a 252 square inch warming rack. and four cast brass burners totaling 48,000 BTUs. It also has a 12,000-BTU cast brass side burner and a 10,000-BTU infrared back burner. To top it off, the lid is made of seamless welded double-wall stainless steel with a galvanized steel liner.
Uniflame Gas Grill
- Cooking surface measures 595 square inches
- Warming rack measures 252 square inches
- Includes 4 cast brass burners with a total of 48,000 BTUs
- 12,000-BTU, 1-piece cast brass flush side burner
- 10,000-BTU infrared back burner
- 2 stainless steel tube handles on both side shelves
- Integrated ignition
- Stainless steel seamless welded double lid with galvanized steel liner and
- stainless steel tube handle
- Stainless steel bottom bowl with stainless steel ends
- Stainless steel control panel
- 6 control knobs
- Porcelain cast iron cooking grid
- Porcelain wire warming rack
- 2 stainless steel side shelves with stainless steel front panel
- 1 thermometer
- 2 stainless steel front doors
- Stainless steel side panels on cart
- 4 casters
- Tank not included
- Dimensions: 48.5"H x 67"L x 27"W
- Model No. GBC772W
- Wal-Mart Stores/Online
I looked at it in the store and it looked pretty solid (I'm no expert) and performed the "magnet test". The hood was 304, but the handles and the cart weren't. It was the cheapest grill I've found with a back burner (which usefullness seems to be up for debate in these forums) and Walmart's most expensive in-store model. I'm a single guy, who lives alone so I don't need anything too spectacular, but I do use my current grill at least twice a week for a steak or two, and throw maybe 3 or 4 cookouts every summer with about 20 to 30 people.
Any input would be highly appreciated."